Start the Safety training
Doing things safely is fundamental to everything we do in Scouting. The Safety training ensures that you understand your responsibilities for keeping everyone in Scouts safe and how to assess and manage risk.
It’s important that Safety training is completed within the first five months of your role start date (as recorded on Compass) and then kept up to date. It is required to be renewed every three years.
It’s independent learning, so you don’t have to attend a course to complete it.
Who should complete the training?
What does this training include?
There are five lessons in the module and an assessment at the end. You’ll need to score 100% in the assessment to unlock the certificate of completion.
We have produced an e-learning reference guide to the content of the Safety Mandatory Ongoing Learning. This guide can be used for reference before, during or after you do the e-learning.
What are the training objectives?
By doing this e-learning, you’ll:
- Understand the Safety Policy and your responsibilities for keeping young people and adults in our movement safe.
- Be able to demonstrate how to assess and manage risk.
- Understand the role of the leader in charge.
- Know what to do in an emergency, and how to report incidents and near misses.
- Know where to access safety resources, activity rules and guidance for the safe management of activities.