England & Wales only: If you have your own venue, you now need to provide a printed QR code to enable those who are 16 and over to use the NHS Test and Trace app, you can generate a unique code for your venue here. This does not replace our guidance on keeping records of attendance, which can be found in the guidance document below.
Updated 22/09/2020Despite the recent announcements in England (22 September 2020), the government has confirmed that as an essential service, youth sector activity can continue unchanged where groups and units follow Scouts restart guidance, which is in line with COVID secure NYA guidance standards.
From 10 September 2020, Scotland moves to Yellow readiness level. Members in Scotland have been emailed this information on what this means.
We can confirm the following changes to the rules for Amber readiness in England:
- Indoor activities are now allowed, but outdoor activities are preferred and should be encouraged
- Numbers change to 15 young people and up to five leaders (carers can be in addition and will not be counted in these numbers) – this applies both indoors and outdoors. Leaders can also include Young Leaders.
- Young people must stay in their limited group size but adults will now be able to move between these groups, i.e. across the 25m spacing if outdoors or to a section meeting at a different time on the same day.
- Leaders don’t need to wear a face covering when delivering activities – however, it’s recommended to wear one in all other circumstances while indoors.
- Scouts and Explorers must now wear face coverings indoors. Exceptions as per national guidelines are permitted.
For now, all young people in all sections must continue to social distance by 2m from each other where possible and from adult volunteers at all times.
For anyone who has already had a risk assessment accepted, you will not need to start again, but simply amend the risk assessment. If you need help to understand these possible changes, please contact your local management team. We hope to provide further updates to the Nations soon.